[OpenAFS] afsd daemon error 22

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:55:53 +0100

On Nov 8, 2004, at 10:37 AM, Marco Spatz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up an OpenAFS Client on a SuSE 8.2 using kernel
> version  2.4.20-4GB  and OpenAFS Version 1.2.11.
> I compiled openAFS using a similar fs-structure as the SuSE-rpms, and
> installing the kernel module works fine.
> But if I start the afsd, I get an "afsd: Error 22 in basic
> initialization.", and the afsd hangs completely (Can't even be killed
> by -9)
> Don't know where's the problem. Can anybody help?

The hang after the initialization error is perfectly normal ;-)

I can't tell you exactly what's wrong because the initialization could
have been gone wrong at almost any point (as far as I remember 22 is
"invalid argument", but I'm not sure). Is your client environment
sane?? Which means: network, cache dir ... etc.
When that's all correctly set up, do the start of afsd with -debug
-verbose. From that output you'll see exactly which syscall goes wrong.

Horst