[OpenAFS] afsd daemon error 22

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 11:53:31 +0100

On Nov 8, 2004, at 11:49 AM, Marco Spatz wrote:

> This is the output of afsd
>
> SScall(137, 28, 17)=0 afsd: Forking rx listener daemon.
> SScall(137, 28, 48)=0 afsd: Forking rx callback listener.
> afsd: Forking rxevent daemon.
> SScall(137, 28, 19)=0 SScall(137, 28, 36)=22 afsd: Error 22 in basic
> initialization.
> afsd: Calling AFSOP_CACHEINIT: 300 stat cache entries, 6434 optimum
> cache files, 64346 blocks in the cache, flags = 0x0, dcache entries
> 2000
> SScall(137, 28, 0)=0
>

> And here is my cacheinfo file
>
> /afs:/var/cache/openafs:64346
>

> The directories exist, the filesystem is ext3.

What you can see there is that your basic initialization (call 36
AFSOP_BASIC_INIT) goes wrong and returns EINVAL.

It is possible that your system isn't correctly recognized by the
configure script.
Can you set the sysname in configure? because in afs_call.c there are a
lot of system dependent parts "guarded" by #ifdefs depending on the
platform.

I can't see any other way (after spending a few minutes ... so don't
take this very seriously!!) that call could end in an EINVAL other than
not getting to the right "if .. else if" part.
Call 36 doesn't set the return code so your 22 (EINVAL) must be getting
from somewhere else to the return. The ony way I can think of is the
default path in that function which means ... your 36 hasn't been
recognized for whatever reason.

If you don't like debugging that, you can try recompiling with a
non-SuSE 4GB kernel.
A clean one from kernel.org should work. (I don't trust those patches
anyway ... :-) )

Is anybody else running that kernel with an AFS client? (I mean the 4GB
SuSE kernel)

Horst