[OpenAFS] 1.2.13 on Solaris 9 x86

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 06:02:28 -0600

Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
>
>> I have been trying (unsucessfully) to build a usable 1.2.13 on
>> Solaris 9 x86. I
>> ./configure --enable-transarc-paths --enable-fast-restarts
>
> i just uploaded one to the web site from joakim fallsjo, but note that
> it's pre-ufs-patch. that means the fs_interleave field is still in the
> ufs struct/union, and so if you have the ufs patch (whose number if
> forget... 113943 maybe?) installed, well, ymmv.

Thank you, but that build also seems to crash and dump core (although
not nearly as often as the one I built.)  I temporarily went back to
running 1.2.11 and it works just fine.  I'm pretty sure that the ufs
patch was uninstalled, so I don't think thats a concern.

With the 1.2.13 build I could not do a vos listvol on the upgraded
server, amoung other things.  And certain commands caused the various
servers to dump core.  (Nothing of value in the various log files.)

I should be able to upgrade servers one at a time correct?  Will 1.2.13
interoperate with the older 1.2.11 builds?

I did a bos shutdown, then /etc/init.d/afs stop, then copied the newer
binaries into /usr/afs/bin and then rebooted (just to be sure.)  This
should be all that is required for an upgrade, correct?

<<CDC
Christopher D. Clausen
ACM@UIUC SysAdmin