[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Support for huge (really huge!) cell

John M. Lockard jlockard@umich.edu
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:57:09 -0500

On 11/10/2004 11:29 AM, Mike Shaddock wrote:
 > Ken Hornstein wrote:

>>> Oh. There are (or at least were) cells with 5 Servers around.
>>

>> I'm not sure where Ian got that number from; I personally don't
>> believe it, but I'd be glad to see proof that I'm wrong.
>

> In Transarc AFS 3.4 (and earlier, I think), you could have five
> servers. We were running it that way where I was working then.

We were running 5 servers for a number of months.  Then decided
we wanted the file servers to only focus on file serving.  So,
yes, 5 servers will work.

--
--jlockard -
       Brain: Pinky, Are you pondering what I'm pondering?