[OpenAFS] .k5login error

Wes Chow wes@woahnelly.net
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:30:41 -0500

I have a peculiar problem which I'm having trouble debugging...

I'm trying to configure a special passwordless user that certain
principals can log in as.  To do this, I've created a .k5login file in
that user's AFS home directory with the appropriate principals listed.

After obtaining Kerberos tokens, I can use telnet to log in as this
user.  However, ssh doesn't work.  The user's home directory has
system:anyuser rl rights, and the .k5login file is world readable.

If I create a .k5login file in root's home directory, which is not on
AFS, both telnet and ssh work.

Any thoughts as to what I should investigate?

Thanks,
Wes