[OpenAFS] libafs-2.4.21-4.ELsmp.mp.o

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:35:48 -0500

Ron Croonenberg <ronc@depauw.edu> writes:

>>What's RHEL 3.1?
>
> That would be RedHat Enterprise Linux v3

Sorry, I know what the "RHEL" part is.  I even know what RHEL3 is.
It's the ".1" that I was asking about.  I have never heard of a
release "3.1" of RHEL.

>>> When I started teh AFS server, it complained about a file:
>>> libafs-2.4.21-4.ELsmp.mp.o
>>> that didn't exist.
>>
>>You're not using the "Official RPMs", are you?
>
> Actually yes I am. I downloaded the source rpm's a bit ago (about 2 months ago)
>>From here : http://www.openafs.org/release/latest.html in the rhel-3.0 section.
> I downloaded the 1.2.11 version and just saw that the 1.2.13 version is
> available.

Oh, if you rebuilt the SRPM yourself then I have no idea what to tell
you.  The official RPM should work with all RH-distributed kernels.

>>Well, do you have a 586, 686, or athlon?
> The machine is a Dell poweredge 2600 with dual Xeon processors.
>
> That makes it a 686 ..  correct ?

I would think so...

> thanks,
>
> Ron