Re[2]: [OpenAFS] libafs-2.4.21-4.ELsmp.mp.o

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:52:59 EST

>> That would be RedHat Enterprise Linux v3
>
>Sorry, I know what the "RHEL" part is.  I even know what RHEL3 is.
>It's the ".1" that I was asking about.  I have never heard of a
>release "3.1" of RHEL.

Whoops sorry,  the flu virus that is bugging me must have altered that.

>Oh, if you rebuilt the SRPM yourself then I have no idea what to tell
>you.  The official RPM should work with all RH-distributed kernels.

Ah, ok, That what I started with when using 1.2.11 but saw a lot of erros after
installing it. I was told I might have a better chance compiling the source
rpm's from the distribution.

>>>Well, do you have a 586, 686, or athlon?
>> The machine is a Dell poweredge 2600 with dual Xeon processors.
>>
>> That makes it a 686 ..  correct ?
>
>I would think so...

good.

thanks,

Ron

1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |