[OpenAFS] Multihomed fileserver and windows client

Fabio Bucciarelli fbucciarelli@deis.unibo.it
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:05:57 +0100

Hi!

I've tested AFS within a test environment consisting of 3 linux
multihomed AFS servers (vlserver and fileserver) both connected to two
LANs. I didn't define any NetInfo or NetRestrict file.

In addition, I have both windows and linux clients each connected to one
LAN or another.
Linux clients work in both networks, while windows clients work only in
one of them (the one corresponding to eth0 interface for servers).

Windows client can ask the vldbserver, but when I try to access to the
afs filesystem, it use the wrong IP address of fileserver (that of the
first network).

I suppose that Windows client has not the multihomed support. Is that right?

Thanks in advance.

Take care,
  Fabio