[OpenAFS] Error: 11862791 AFS service may not have started.

patrick daniels patrick.daniels@duke.edu
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:15:36 -0500

Jeffrey,

In responding to the posts from this morning, here's what I'm finding on a
specific machine.  Other machines show these results less frequently, but
this machine is VERY consistent at failing repeatedly.  If repeated
attempts are made, eventually it seems to get appropriate tokens. Debugging
info, based on running aklog -d, below.  (This is 1.3.74 debug version,
with latest KfW files, though using AFS aklog.exe)

Additional debugging from the additional key you recommend adding, second
group below.  And, some additional info from EventViewer, which I don't
believe is related to problem, but a frequent occurrence on installations.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

We're still using Kerb4 tokens, with following script:

ms2mit.exe
aklog.exe -m
drivemappingScript.vbs

THANKS!

Patrick

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>aklog.exe -d -m
Authenticating to cell <cellname>.
Getting v5 tickets: afs/<cellname>@<kerb realm>  (Cell and realm same)
Getting v5 tickets: afs@<kerb realm>
About to resolve name <username> to id
Id xxxxx
Set username to <username>
Getting tokens.
aklog.exe: unable to obtain tokens for cell acpub.duke.edu (status:
11862791).

Adding the Key you suggested for trouble-shooting:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

AFS device may not have started

(no pioctl info?)

Event viewer is also showing the following frequently:

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	AFS Client
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1004