FW: [OpenAFS] Windows XP problems getting an AFS token when logged into a Kerberos Realm

Greg Wilson Greg.Wilson@asu.edu
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:56:43 -0700

Following is the output doing a kinit, klist, and aklog.....

I set KRBCCNAME=3DAPI:kxglw.krb5cc

I have a network trace and can supply it if needed....

----------------------------------Starting
Here--------------------------
Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\kxglw.ASUAD>kinit
Password for kxglw@ASU.EDU:
kinit(v524): Key table entry not found converting to V4 credentials

C:\Documents and Settings\kxglw.ASUAD>klist
Ticket cache: API:kxglw.krb5cc
Default principal: kxglw@ASU.EDU

11/24/04 14:32:05  11/25/04 00:32:05  krbtgt/ASU.EDU@ASU.EDU
11/24/04 14:32:18  11/25/04 00:32:05  krbtgt/ASU.EDU@ASU.EDU

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: API:krb4cc
Principal: kxglw@ASU.EDU

  Issued              Expires             Principal
11/24/04 14:32:18  11/25/04 00:32:18  krbtgt.ASU.EDU@ASU.EDU

C:\Documents and Settings\kxglw.ASUAD>aklog -d
Authenticating to cell asu.edu.
Getting v5 tickets: afs/asu.edu@ASU.EDU
Getting v5 tickets: afs@ASU.EDU
Set username to kxglw
Getting tokens.
aklog: unable to obtain tokens for cell asu.edu (status: 11862791).

11/24/04 14:32:27  11/25/04 00:32:05  afs@ASU.EDU

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: API:krb4cc
Principal: kxglw@ASU.EDU

  Issued              Expires             Principal
11/24/04 14:32:18  11/25/04 00:32:18  krbtgt.ASU.EDU@ASU.EDU

C:\Documents and Settings\kxglw.ASUAD>tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

AFS device may not have started

C:\Documents and Settings\kxglw.ASUAD>

Greg Wilson