[OpenAFS] Access Denied in 1.3.74 version on Windows Server 2003

Rolandas Naujikas rolnas@takas.lt
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:41:32 +0200

Hello,

After AFS servers rollup to 1.2.13 version and client to 1.3.74 the
client work better than before (no more hungs or crash in 1 day
operation). Now we are running for weeks, but after some time we are
getting "Access Denied" even with fresh tokens (we still can get tokens
and insert into client). After client (OpenAFS service) restart, no more
"Access Denied" messages, but no longer than another about 1 week.

Our Windows Server 2003 work as Terminal server for multiple users (with
homedir on AFS or SAMBA servers with "My Documents" redirected to
homedir with folder redirection) working in the same time.

In the time of problem we are seeing some strange freelance node list
having share with empty share name (as cell name) like "\\afs\"

U:\>net view \\afs
Shared resources at \\afs

AFS

Share name  Type  Used as  Comment

------------------------------------
            Disk
.mif.vu.lt  Disk
all         Disk  N:
mif.vu.lt   Disk
The command completed successfully.

And in the registry entry like this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OpenAFS\Client\Freelance]
"0"="mif.vu.lt#mif.vu.lt:root.cell.
"
"1"=".mif.vu.lt%mif.vu.lt:root.cell.
"