Re[2]: [OpenAFS] drive mappings with the windows xp client

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:25:52 EST

>At 10:59 AM 10/6/04, Ron Croonenberg wrote:
>>When I use the AFS client and try to map a drive  via the "drive letters
>>tab, it won't work.
>
>Be specific.  What do you mean by "won't work"?

I mean.  it looks like the drive is there, but not in AFS space.  in properties
the drive "type" is RAW. Also, no files in the directory show up nothing can be
created either.

Yes I am authenticated,  I have tokens..  and yes the ACL's are validf too.

"it" works when I use the  Linux AFS client.

I just  setup a clean install, Windows XP with SP2 and nothing else on a
machine. I installed the windows AFS client and have the same problem.

thanks,

Ron

>Global drives are not mounted as the user, they are mounted by the user
>that the AFS service daemon runs as, user SYSTEM.  This can cause some
>problems for some applications.  AFSCreds is a GUI that comes with the AFS
>client that runs under the user's account.  Drives mounted by the drive
>letters tab of the AFSCreds interface are mounted as the user.  Depending
>on where you are mounting in the AFS tree, you may or may not need to be
>authenticated first.
>
>Are you authenticating before you try to mount the drive?
>Does the directory you are trying to mount have valid ACLs for the account
>you've authenticated as?
>Do you have the correct cell information in AFS_Config?
>
>Rodney

1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |