Re[6]: [OpenAFS] drive mappings with the windows xp client

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:20:19 EST

When I create a drive mapping with the Windows client the drive mapping doesn't
seem to be correct (for some reason I end up with a partition being "RAW
instead of it being in AFS space and I don't have access to the volume at all.)

However,  when I "Map Network drive" (menu option when right clicking on "My
Computer" or "My Network Places") everything seems to be working as it is
supposed to.  (I use a "folder"  like   \\AFS\afs-2.csc.depauw.edu\home\cowboy
when doing the drive mapping)

Can I assume that the only thing that is "going wrong" is that the XP AFS client
somehow doesn't do the drive mapping correctly ?

thanks,

Ron

>Ron Croonenberg wrote:
>
>> Yes I know. However I have problems connecting to that cell
>> (afs-2.csc.depauw.edu) from windows machines.
>> I installed windows XP from scratch on a Dell Optiplex 260, and updated with
>> SP2. Thewre's nothing on there but Windows XP SP2. After installing the
OpenAFS

 http://www.depauw.edu/acad/computer/RonCroonenberg.asp