[OpenAFS] Inquiry: Backing up OpenAFS with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)

Brian Huntley bhuntley@clarkson.edu
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:02:28 -0400

--=_alternative 0042209585256F27_=

We currently back up our OpenAFS cell (linux servers) with TSM 5.2 on an
AIX 5.1 system using both butc and file level backups, but the ability to
do it straight from the servers would be a distinct advantage - help the
capacity of the backup server considerably.

Best,
Brian
--
Brian T. Huntley, Systems Administrator
Office of Information Technology

Christopher Odenbach <odenbach@zitmail.uni-paderborn.de>
Sent by: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org
10/07/2004 05:06 AM

openafs-info@openafs.org
cc

Subject
[OpenAFS] Inquiry: Backing up OpenAFS with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
(TSM)

--=_alternative 0042209585256F27_=

(linux servers) with TSM 5.2 on an AIX 5.1 system using both butc and file
level backups, but the ability to do it straight from the servers would
be a distinct advantage - help the capacity of the backup server considerably.</font>
Brian T. Huntley, Systems Administrator<br>
Office of Information Technology<br>
Clarkson University<br>
bhuntley@clarkson.edu -- 315.268.6723<br>
&quot;UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends
are.&quot;<br>
with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)</font></table>