[OpenAFS] Getting debugging info for afsd on a 2.6.8.1 kernel.

Ken Aaker kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:39:23 -0500

I've just started putting 1.3.71 up on some Linux machines and I was
wondering how to collect debugging information for a client hang? I've
tried running afsd with -debug, but after the daemons are forked and go
to background processes, I haven't been able to find any more output.

I've built the 1.3.71 code against a SuSE 9.1 kernel which is a 2.6.5
with a couple of patches, and it works just fine.

But the code that I built on a Fedora Core 2 system with a 2.6.8.1
kernel will hang when I do the first write to any volume. (I just do a
touch foo).  The system is still alive, only the afsd's are stuck. The
afsd background processes are all in a wait state, either labeled afs_os
or a hex wait channel. The system is running a 2.6.8.1 FC 2 stock
uniprocessor kernel, a Xeon 2GHz. I run a RHEL3 system on the same
system and cache partition and that works fine. I'll try to collect any
more information, once I know where to get it.

Ken

--
work -> kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com