[OpenAFS] Server recovery

James Burns James Burns <jfburns@gmail.com>
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:58:38 -0400

Hello all,
I wrote back in May about the problems I was having with my server. It
turned out that the that the prdb had been corrupted and there were no
longer any users or groups, including system and admin. I asked then
and I'm asking again, what should I do to recreate these basics so I
can start to reconstruct the rest of the cell or recover the files off
the volumes? I would settle for just recovering the files and deleting
and reinstalling everything. Can anyone give me some advice or help
with these options? I've been able to find files by file type within
the AFSIDat using "file" but would prefer not to try to recover them
in such a crude manner. Thanks for any help.

-James