[OpenAFS] How to stop the access to an AFS volume ?

giovanni bracco bracco@frascati.enea.it
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:10:58 +0200

Is there a way to prevent users to access a selected AFS volume for some time
without affecting the access to the other volumes on the same or on other
file servers & partitions?

I would like also to be able to stop any current activity on the volume
content.

In our AFS cell I have observed that there is a small numer of Volumes that
appear as "Off-line" from vos examine or vos listvol command.
Typically these "Off-line" volume have another version which is marked
"On-line" on a different server/partition.
I have the impression that the only way to set a volume "off-line" is from
command vos restore -offline, is that true?
So off-line ha probably nothing to do with what I am looking for.

Any suggestions?

Giovanni Bracco

--
Giovanni Bracco