[OpenAFS] Upgrading from 1.2.11 to 1.3.73 - problems?

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:42:28 -0400

At 12:44 PM 10/29/04, you wrote:
>I'm about to upgrade my production machine, and unfortunately I can't test
>the upgrade before I do...

Ok, I'm
game.  Clients?  Servers?  Windows?  Unix?  Make?  Model?  Versions?
Upgrade what?  I assume you mean client because you said "production
machine" not "machine(s)".  I don't know anyone who runs a cell on one
server machine.

As far as Windows is concerned I think 1.3.7300 is one of the most stable
so far.  A few glitches have been found since then, but it's got so many
fixes since 1.2.11 that I can't even begin to enumerate them.

We are still running our Solaris servers on 1.2.11 without issues even
though an important bug has recently been identified.  We hope to upgrade soon.

Rodney