[OpenAFS] 1.3.71 for Windows questions/problems

Robbie Foust rfoust@duke.edu
Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:02:13 -0400

Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> ms2mit and k524init are used to obtain Kerberos tickets not AFS tokens.
> You must obtain the tokens using a mechanism that produces Kerberos 4
> tickets within the tokens not Kerberos 5 tickets.
>
> As is plainly stated in the Install Notes for 1.3.71 (and previous
> releases), you cannot use the 1.3.71 release in conjunction with KFW
> 2.6 if your servers are not 1.2.8 or higher.
>
> If you want to use OpenAFS 1.3.71 with kauth then you must disable the
> KFW functionality.

How does the AFS client determine if KFW is installed/running or not?
Is there some type of configurable option to force production of
Kerberos 4 tickets within the tokens when running aklog, even if
Kerberos 5 tickets are available?

I need to be able to use ms2mit, k524init, and aklog from the KFW
package for seamless logins.  Unfortunately, we aren't able to upgrade
our db servers at this time because if our understanding is correct, we
must upgrade all file servers too, and then all clients, and we still
need to access other cells outside of our control which are still using
older AFS builds and don't support Kerberos 5.

Thanks,

- Robbie

--
Robbie Foust, IT Analyst
OIT - Administrative Information Support