[OpenAFS] clarification on client caches

Dexter 'Kim' Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:38:23 -0600

At one site I consulted for we converged on 3 GB years ago  -- cache
filled with lots of tiny files ( < 15K) so lots of used chunks.  We
found that the cache algorithms did not deal well with 12 GB cache --
everything fine until time to purge, and then catatonia.  3GB was a good
number for us, it worked fine (no catatonia) and I haven't revisited
larger caches since.

Kim