[OpenAFS] can't mount afs on /afs

csomma@adinet.com.uy csomma@adinet.com.uy
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:15:02 -0300

hi,

i'm trying to work this out for a couple of weeks with no success. i'm us=
ing
RedHat 9 and openafs 1.2.11. Everything goes ok until i install the clien=
t.
At bootup, and after starting afs daemon i always got
Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)
Lost contact with file server at 127.0.0.1 in cell ...

i read about a problema about hostname and fqdn but i have no idea what
to do. my hostname is set to fileserver, that's what hostname says, and
my /etc/hosts resolves fileserver to the local ip (but not to 127.0.0.1).=

I read about it somewhere in the list but was not good to me

any clues?

thx a lot
claudio