Re[2]: [OpenAFS] still problem with windows client

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:10:38 EST

>It sounds like the drive is not mapped to the AFS Client Service.
>RAW indicates an unformatted hardware device.
>
>Unfortunately, there is no mechanism built into the AFS Client Service
>to log all SMB/CIFS operations.  And you can't use a Network Monitor
>to capture the traffic over the loopback.
>
>"fs trace -dump" will log some information which might be useful as
>part of a real-time debugging effort.  Otherwise, connecting a debugger
>to AFS Client Service might be necessary if it is indeed an AFS Client
>problem.
>
>What does the SysInternals filemon.exe tool report?

I installed filemon. The msg I see is saying  that the file doesn't exist for
"any operation" on the mapped drive.

>Jeffrey Altman

Ron

1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |