[OpenAFS] 2 problems for me newbie...

Dexter 'Kim' Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:09:32 -0600

I'd use a script.  The "vos release" command doesn't take multiple =
volume
name arguments.

In general, if you need to find out what volumes are mounted below a =
given
node in your directory tree in order to recursively vos release them you =
can
use "bos exec" to run /usr/afs/bin/salvager -showmounts on each =
fileserver,
redirecting the output to a world-writeable AFS directory for =
convenience.
I can send an example if you'd like.

The /usr/afs/bin/salvager -showmounts command will output a list of =
volumes
and for each volume will indicate any mount points in that volume, and =
the
path, relative to the root node of the volume.  You can awk out the =
volume
names relative to your top (root) volume and vos release them in a
loop/script.

This breaks the dependency on mount point names and doesn't depend on
running a recursive "find," for example, which will frequently recurse
indefinitely in AFS file space. =20

Kim