[OpenAFS] Permission denied error during intallation

Derek Harkness dharknes@umd.umich.edu
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:35:22 -0400

--Apple-Mail-1--990677780

I'm trying to setup a new AFS cell and I'm stuck.

I'm running a Debian stable system and I've tried versions 1.2.3,
1.2.11, and 1.3.70 and I get similar error from each.  I've been
following the direction on
http://www.debianplanet.org/node.php?id=816&cid=11292 and everything
goes fine until I have to change the acl on /afs I then get a
permission denied.  I also get a permission denied if I try pts
membership dharknes.

kinit && klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: dharknes@UMICH.EDU

09/17/04 09:31:17  09/17/04 19:31:16  krbtgt/UMICH.EDU@UMICH.EDU

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached

aklog && tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
User's (AFS ID 32145) tokens for afs@umd.umich.edu [Expires Sep 17
19:31]
    --End of list--

pt_util -m
Ubik Version is: 1240680769.67108864
system:backup 2/0 -205 -204 -204
system:administrators 130/20 -204 -204 -204
    dharknes 32145
system:ptsviewers 2/0 -203 -204 -204
system:authuser 2/0 -102 -204 -204
system:anyuser 2/0 -101 -204 -204

bos listusers localhost
SUsers are: dharknes

So it appears I've got all the correct information.

Thanks!
Derek

My lack of knowledge is only exceeded by my lack of concern.
--Anonymous GE Engineer

--Apple-Mail-1--990677780
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit