[OpenAFS] AFS documentation update

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:55:08 -0800

I have .doc format

Send it to you soon

You need some experience with Latex to know how to hack the sources, the
converter is stupid.

But there are no keystroke errors or font problems to deal with

ted

-----Original Message-----
From: Tommie Gannert [mailto:d00-tga@d.kth.se]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 12:19 AM
To: ted creedon
Subject: RE: [OpenAFS] AFS documentation update

Ah, I've read you original message. That helps. ;)

Of course, it would be nice if all docs are in the same format.
Converting stuff to Word is bad, since it breaks the nice line-based diffs
in CVS. I'm not entirely sure I like TeX as a source format... Mainly
because I have no idea as to how to convert it to HTML with HTML-specific
features. And my initial directive from Jeffrey was to create docs for Win32
and make them into HtmlHelp. I don't really care that much for the old docs.
They didn't help me alot when installing the stuff.

Another possibility is RTF which looks a bit like TeX, but can be read by
Word and others.

/Tommie