[OpenAFS] application error message with Windows XP

Alan Wehmann wehmann@fnal.gov
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:51:50 -0500 (CDT)

I had the 1.3.64 version of the OpenAFS client working on my personal
laptop, with the AFS servers at our site (see
"http://www-oss.fnal.gov/csi/openafs_windows/").  My laptop is runing
Windows XP SP1.  Since there seemed to be a conflict with the Cisco
VPN client (which I must use in order to map Windows 2000 file servers
to my laptop), I tried upgrading to the 1.3.7 client (and later the
1.3.71 client).  I now get application error messages that look as
follows:

Faulting application afsd_service.exe, version 1.3.7004.0,
faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.1106, fault address
0x0002f5ea.

When I tried reverting to the 1.3.64 client, I still got such error
messages.  I'd appreciate advice.  The "expert" in our Computing
Division here hasn't been able to provide any.

--
Alan Wehmann
wehmann@fnal.gov