[OpenAFS] WinCVS and AFS

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:47:18 -0500

I am looking at setting up a CVS repository in AFS, and would like
to access it directly from Unix as well as from Windows using
the OpenAFS windows client.

Working directories could be on a local Unix file system
or local Windows file system or even in AFS.

As anyone done this?

I am trying it use the WinCVS-1.30.20.1.
Some problems I am seeing or could see include:

  WinCVS says I have to use the -N option, to cvsnt,
  and it looks like it has no way to do this, other
  then to use the command line interface.
  Any chance -N could be added to WinCVS?

  The CVS/Root file format depends on where it was created:

  \\afs\anl.gov\usr\me\wincvs^M when created from Windows, or
  /afs/anl.gov/usr/me/wincvs when created form Unix.

On Windows I was using a command like:
cvs -d \\afs\anl.gov\usr\me\wincvs -N checkout CVSROOT
(in directory \\afs\anl.gov\usr\me\tmp\cvs)
to work, at least it looks like it worked.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory