[OpenAFS] Poll: how many organizations are performing principal name mappings via krb524d, gssklogd, etc?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:57:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> Folks, I would like to try to get some idea of just how many
> organizations are using a translation service to map a Kerberos 5
> ticket from one realm to a Kerberos 4 ticket in another realm
> for the purposes of providing access to a local cell.

Duh. One I forgot. Get the celladmins to put a /usr/afs/etc/krb.conf down
with the name of the realm in it.
e.g.
NCSA.EDU

This only works if you have only one additional mapping.