[OpenAFS] Linux openafs client and 'df -k'

Jon Nials jnials@digitalmotorworks.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:01:37 -0500

This is due to a bug that I just hit myself.  It is listed on
http://rt.central.org/rt as #3812.  It is showing as resolved so I am
hoping that means it is fixed in 1.3.71.  I'll be pulling it down this
week to see.

-Jon

Jon R. Nials
Lead Systems Administrator
Digital Motorworks, L.P.
Work:  512-692-1039
Pager: jnials@skytel.com
jnials@digitalmotorworks.com
www.digitalmotorworks.com

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org
[mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org] On Behalf Of Jonathan E Halter
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 9:57 AM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: [OpenAFS] Linux openafs client and 'df -k'

I am working on getting the OpenAFS client installed and configured on a
RHEL WS3 Update 3 workstation. I have everything installed and working
just fine; I can get tokens and get to my volumes and files in our cell
just fine. However, I have a question about what "df -k" reports back
for AFS.

On my newly installed RHEL WS3 box, "df -k" reports:

AFS                          1         0         1   0% /afs

While on my Solaris 9 workstation, the AFS line in the df output is:

Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
AFS                  9000000       0 9000000     0%    /afs

Any help with how and why the Linux client is reporting back that only
1k is available in AFS would be much appreciated. I am using the OpenAFS
1.2.11 client rpms downloaded directly from openafs.org.

Thank you,

Jonathan Halter