[OpenAFS] startup slowness on windows

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Mon, 04 Apr 2005 14:32:05 -0700

I have noticed on windows 2000 and windows XP that sometimes the
system become very very slow to open a user shell after logon. The
problem seems to be related to openafs becuase after I remove openafs
the system starts normally.

I noted this with the 1.3.77 client.

This morning, I had a windows XP machine that had been working fine
for a couple months show this sympton. After the user would log on,
the system would not start a useable shell for somewhere around 10
minutes.

I upgraded to the 1.3.8000b afs client, and the system seems 'fixed'.
I'm just waiting for it to happen again.

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this behavior... AND what the
possible fix is (other than installing a different version of
openafs).

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257