[OpenAFS] UBIK error installing additional database server on 1.2.10

Gabe Castillo gabelists@yahoo.com
Mon, 04 Apr 2005 14:52:36 -0700

Hello,
  I'm getting an error after adding database functionality to a 2nd
fileserver with OpenAFS 1.2.10.  The error"Waiting for quorum election."
fills up the logs on the server I was trying to add database server
functionality to. I've read that this is a bug in 1.2.10. My question is
if I add /usr/afs/db to the upclientetc process on the new db server,
will this allow me to remove the db functionality from the first and
ONLY db server. I looked at the files in the /usr/afs/db directory, and
they are not the same. Also, is it safe to just scp that directory to
the new server and run it as the dbserver with the original shut down.

Thanks,
  --Gabe