[OpenAFS] Linux client and find command in AFS

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Tue, 05 Apr 2005 15:25:27 -0400

At 03:09 PM 4/5/2005, you wrote:
>gnu find is not the same as solaris find. the -noleaf option is the
>equivalent of the default options with solaris (well, unix) find. so since
>gnu find goes out of its way to work this way, when other finds do not, i
>see no reason why the filesystem should go out of its way to accomodate
>it. the reason it works on solaris is not related to afs, if you ran gnu
>find on solaris, it would work the same way.

That sort-of makes sense.  Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that the bug was in
AFS, or find.  I just think it is kind of silly that it works that
way.  Why not "fix" the gnu find so that it requires the "-noleaf" option
in all circumstances, or a stupid user trick will be just to add a "dummy"
directory in the directory with the mountpoint.  Too many exceptions to the
rules.

Rodney