[OpenAFS] RE: 1.3.81 Win 2K server install fails

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 16:50:14 -0700

Not a clue. Especially when that server has been running various versions of
the client for 2 years.

Could be some legacy registry problems from way back when.

Now I know what a loopback adapter is....

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Altman [mailto:jaltman@columbia.edu]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 4:47 PM
To: ted creedon
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] RE: 1.3.81 Win 2K server install fails

ted creedon wrote:
> Problem Solved:
>
> Uninstall loopback adapter using add/remove hardware >mfgr Microsoft, etc.
> Re-Install loopback adapter
> Manually configure loopback adapter (1.3.8100 won't configure install
> unconfigured adapter), ip addr 10.254.254.253/255/255/255/252 Install
> 1.3.8100
>
> Configure as normal
>
> tedc

There are no changes in the installation code between 1.3.8002 and 1.3.8100.
In fact there have been no changes in that code since about 1.3.72.

I have no idea why you would suddenly be having trouble.  Especially if you
already had a loopback adapter installer.  OpenAFS does not install a second
adapter or attempt to re-configure the first adapter if you already have
one.

Jeffrey Altman