[OpenAFS] Open AFS on RedHat Enterprise Linux WS....

Troy Dawson dawson@fnal.gov
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:12:14 -0500

Jason McCormick wrote:

> --On Monday, April 11, 2005 11:40:49 AM -0400 Derrick J Brashear
> <shadow@dementia.org> wrote:
>

>>Can you get alt-sysrq t output when it locks up? Or did I ask you about
>>this already?
>

> You did last week.  As soon as I switch back to the test box and crash it,
> I'll shoot that off to you.

Howdy,
I guess I'm putting up my 'me too' sign.
Here's some detail.  This is Scientific Linux 40rolling, which is
essentially RHEL 4 AS.
For x86_64, x86_64 smp, and i686 smp, openafs 1.3.79, 80, and so far 81
have all worked.
But when I'm on a single cpu, using a non-smp kernel (just the standard
kernel) then writes to AFS space can cause the process to hang.  It
isn't hanging the whole machine, just the process that happens to be
doing the write.
The kernel is RedHat's 2.6.9-5.0.3.EL kernel.

Since the system doesn't die, I could sent you more than a 'alt-sysrq t'
if you want.    Or if that is what you want ... what's a good way to
keep that from scrolling off the screen, or redirect it to a file.

Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  dawson@fnal.gov  (630)840-6468