[OpenAFS] gconf lock problem

Mike McCabe mccabemt@clarkson.edu
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:27:25 -0400

Renata
The quick fix if your using pam for authentication is to edit your pam
configuration file for gdm or login (depending on how you have it set
up) Here's the the line that we had to add to get ride of that issue.
The remainlifetime gives enough time for the files to close.  You can
just delete the files if the user's currently having a problem though.
We also have a script that removes /tmp/gconf-d* and /tmp/orbit* that
runs in cron.

session    sufficient   /lib/security/pam_afs.so ignore_root
remainlifetime 15

Mike