[OpenAFS] Problem with pam on debian with 1.3.81 kernel 2.6.11

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:27:42 -0700

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:

> I can't seem to get the verion in FC3 to work at all.  It's 3.9p1, and
> it seems to support gssapi-with-mic but apparantly the servers I'm
> trying to contact only support "gssapi".  :(

> debug1: Authentications that can continue: external-keyx,gssapi,password
> debug3: start over, passed a different list external-keyx,gssapi,password
> debug3: preferred gssapi-with-mic,publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
> debug3: authmethod_lookup password
> debug3: remaining preferred: ,publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
> debug3: authmethod_is_enabled password
> debug1: Next authentication method: password

Yeah, there was an incompatible change to the protocol and most of the
implementations I've seen supporting the new gssapi-with-mic don't support
the old gssapi protocol (which has various problems).  This stuff is
converging, but slowly.