[OpenAFS] HP-UX file systems on client

Todd M. Lewis Todd_Lewis@unc.edu
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:00:45 -0400

rogbazan wrote:
> Hi,
> i´m installing a client on a HP-UX, i knew that the file system type
> where /usr/vice and /usr/vice/etc will be has to be (and only) hfs, is
> that correct?
> Could i create those dirs on a volume manager FS?
> This is my first time on the issue (HP-UX).
> I´ve been trying to find that info on the documentation, but nothing.
> Please help me.
>
> thanx a lot.

http://grand.central.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/SupportedConfigurations
is supposed to have all the known-to-work and known-to-fail file system
types for both client caches and server /vicepXes.

It's probably pretty close to correct, but I see "vxfs" listed as
working for sun4x_5[789] client caches while "vxfs (HP-UX, Solaris)" is
listed under "These Don't Work" for client caches. Would somebody who
knows the status of vxfs for client cache on Solaris please update the
above linked twiki page?
   / Todd_Lewis@unc.edu  919-962-5273  http://www.unc.edu/~utoddl /
  /                Banning the bra was a big flop.               /