[OpenAFS] AFS client on AIX: is there hope?

Franco "Sensei" Sensei <senseiwa@tin.it>
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:45:55 -0500

--------------enigC9D521D7CADE75BB46824733

Hi, still trying to have my AIX 5.2 get on my cell!

My situation (again). Kerberos KDC, OpenAFS, OpenLDAP on debian stable.
Kerberos authenticates, LDAP gives home informations along with GID/UID
(*flat* database: "uid=username, objectClass=top,
objectClass=posixAccount..."), at last, I convert the ticket in afs
token and the session begins.

What I've succeeded to do? Kerberos can kinit, ktutil and kadmin.
OpenAFS mounts my cell correctly, but I can't access to it since I don't
have the tokens. Perfect.

Now how do I make this work under AIX? How to convert tickets in tokens?
How to use LDAP for user info? I've contacted aix newsgoups but nothing.
They use aix just server-side.

Has anyone an AIX machine being a client of afs & kerberos?

--
Sensei <mailto:senseiwa@tin.it> <pgp:8998A2DB>

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein