[OpenAFS] acl's and permissions

Ron Croonenberg ronc@DePauw.edu
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:34:06 EST

Hello,

If my home directory (on Linux) is /home/ron  and I have a directory project
that I want to give another afs user access too then that user needs to have at
least "l rights" in my home directory, correct ?

I mean if  him has access to /home/ron/project then his rights need to be rwl
AND his rights in /home/ron need to be at least l   right ?

I tried giving him access to project by :

fs sa him rwl  (when in the projects subdir).

But he "can't get there".

or am I missing something ?

thanks,

Ron

1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |