[OpenAFS] Problems with OpenAFS 1.3.79 and Kernel 2.11.5

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 09:43:12 -0400 (EDT)

---559023410-601304824-1114350192=:26028

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005, [iso-8859-15] Björn Ruberg wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> After /afs is unmounted and afsd -shutdown has been run? Did they work?
>
> I tried both and it doesn't help. I am not able to kill the afs-services too.

Well, they need to succeed. Did umount /afs succeed? If so, moving on to
afsd -shutdown won't help you, because it's not supposed to work.

> I there is a good chance that it helps me, I would.
> If there is no other way. Perhaps downgrading to another version that worked?

which won't tell us if the problem is fixed, so if you want it to work in
the future, I'll again suggest a daily snapshot.

>> Problem 3 can be caused by a number of different things.  One is that
>> for some unknown reason the PAM module isn't being built at all.  The
>> other is that the system is looking for a module by the different name.
>> In my experience you can just symlink the pam module to the correct
>> filename if necessary.
>
> But what is the correct filename?

If you get a daily snapshot, the pam module will reappear.
---559023410-601304824-1114350192=:26028--