[OpenAFS] openAFS with Tiger?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:51:39 -0400

On Thursday, April 28, 2005 05:38:43 PM +0200 Alberto Paoluzzi
<paoluzzi@dia.uniroma3.it> wrote:

> Any experience about OpenAFS running smootly into Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger ?
> I was unable to get 1.3.81 run with developer preview  Build 8A425  ...

You asked this yesterday, and got no answer then; I'm not sure what makes
you think you'll get an answer by asking again today.  My guess is that if
anyone else with developer preview copies of Tiger has tried running
OpenAFS, that (a) they've lost, and (b) they're keeping their mouths shut
about it, in keeping with the terms of the NDA they signed.

As you might expect, a new MacOS version generally requires work on the
OpenAFS kernel module to adapt to changes in the system.  While I'm sure
such work is ongoing (though I don't know how close to done it is), I'm
equally sure that you won't see it prior to the official release, again
because of that pesky NDA you have to sign to get copies of the previews.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer