[OpenAFS] kerberos/afs tricks

HM hans@enem.nl
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:25:05 +0200

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this newbie problem.  I need some
servers to have continuous access to the afs namespace. I don't like the
ip address afs user approach too much  and was wondering if there's a
way to automatically acquire a generic ticket for
"webserver/domain.dom@REALM" every 8 hours or so ? I noticed  the
transarc "reauth" utility but i think that won't work with my heimdal
kerberos. What's the best way to do it ?

Another one is the uss utility; With kaserver it is capable of adding
user principals but is there any way to use this with (heimdal) kerberos
5 ?

Thanks,
Hans