[OpenAFS] clean build

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Tue, 02 Aug 2005 08:53:03 -0500

Ron Croonenberg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to clean the sourcetree of OpenAFS ?
>
> I want to keep all the sourcefiles AND the configuration(s) .
>
> I just want to compile "everything" so that I have a fresh build of
> "everything"
>
> Does "make clean" do that ?  or will I loose stuff ?

Any other approach is to have a build directory, then use
lndir ../src  to create a directory tree with symlinks to the
source. Then build in this directory. You can then have multiple
build directories for different archs each using the same source
which is not touched by the configure or make. (This is the poorman's
version of make with vpath.)

lndir originally came with X11.