[OpenAFS] AFS Inode & debian package

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 03 Aug 2005 02:28:16 -0700

Lars Schimmer <schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> writes:

> Is there ANY rough plan in which time the private inode table of OpenAFS
> will be changed?

I have no idea what you mean by this.

> And another one: there is 1.3.86 out, on debian we've got only 1.3.82-2.
> 1.3.82-2 seems to be fairly stable and works, but has troubles with
> gcc4. So I wanted to test a newer one, but haven't found one... Is there
> a actual one in preperation? And yes, the same offer ;-)

1.3.82 was fairly stable in combination with one additional patch.  Every
release that's come out since then has run into some sort of fairly
noticable problem on the mailing list within a day or two of the release.
Accordingly, I keep waiting for the next release to update the package.

Currently, it's large file support problems in 1.3.86.

I may pull down the large file delta fixes and package 1.3.86 anyway,
including those, since I know it's been quite a while since a new package
has gone into sid.