[OpenAFS] restoring volumes

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Fri, 05 Aug 2005 13:05:28 -0500

Ahh...ok...

Well let me explain what I am trying to do, at least it's a plan I have.

- I want to dump a volume with vos on the old server, let's say
  "homestaff.cowboy"
- move the dumpfile to the new server
- restore the dumpfile with vos on the new server to a volume called
  homestaff.cowboy

So maybe I need a bit different approach ?

Ron

>>> "Dexter 'Kim' Kimball" <dhk@ccre.com> 08/05/05 1:02 PM >>>
Ron,

Specify a different value after "-name"

The volume will be restored to the specified server and partition -- as a
read write volume.

The ".backup" volume name extension won't work (it's reserved) and is
causing your "restore name" to exceed the 22 char limit.

If you want to restore over the existing RW volume put it on the same =
server
and partition, use the same name, and specify -overwrite.

Otherwise give it a new name (homestaff.cowboy.R e.g.), mount it, fix the
existing volume ... etc.

Kim

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Kim (Dexter) Kimball