[OpenAFS] restoring volumes

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Fri, 05 Aug 2005 13:27:32 -0500

btw the 2 servers are not in the same cell.

the old cell is called csc.depauw.edu the new cell is called afs-1.csc.depa=
uw.edu

>>> "Dexter 'Kim' Kimball" <dhk@ccre.com> 08/05/05 1:16 PM >>>
Let's see.

If the two servers are in the same cell the vos restore will fail -- can't
have 2 instances of a RW volume, and the example you give would leave
homestaff.cowboy as a RW on two different servers.

If the two servers are in different cells then you want to get admin =
tokens
for both cells and use "vos dump .... | vos restore .... -cell <othercell>"=

If you want to replicate the volume within a given cell use "vos addsite "
"vos release"

If you want to replicate the volume within a given cell but want default
access to be to the RW volume, create a RW mount point (fs mkm .... -rw).

Not sure what you're after.  Probably a case I didn't cover :)

Kim

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Kim (Dexter) Kimball
CCRE, Inc.