[OpenAFS] [1.3.86] heimdal/krb5 auth for BOS requests fails during initial cell setup

Tracy Di Marco White gendalia@gmail.com
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 19:21:59 -0500

On 8/8/05, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH <allbery@ece.cmu.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 19:07 -0500, Tracy Di Marco White wrote:
> >
> > You can't get tokens without afs/arla kernel module loaded, and maybe
> > arla/afsd running.
>=20
> But in that case klist will quickly discover that there's no pioctl() in
> the kernel and not try to list tokens.  Except on Solaris when built
> with optimization, in which case it still does weird stuff because kafs
> returns trash instead of a meaningful response (valid token or error).

This is what you get on a NetBSD box when you try to do most any
command without arla running and without using -local (with KeyFile
access):
# bos status afs-5
Bad system call(core dumped)

hang for me, I just don't get tokens.  I have seen klist -T hang
when it can't find the CellServDB on NetBSD.

-Tracy