[OpenAFS] Problems on AFS Unix clients after AFS fileserver moves

Ken Aaker kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com
Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:01:52 -0500

I've seen something similar when I have a fileserver process on one
server hang (long, sad, self-inflicted wound). Once I'd gotten the
server going again, I'd get a connection timeout's and none of the fs
commands (checks, checkb, flush, flushv, flushm...) would clear up the
problem. I finally tried doing a du on any good-sized directory subtree
in my cell. Then the client was all happy again... This was running the
client built from CVS about a month ago on SuSE 9.3 (2.6.11).

Ken