[OpenAFS] Problems on AFS Unix clients after AFS fileserver moves

Ken Aaker kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com
Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:17:27 -0500

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Ken Aaker wrote:
>
>> I've seen something similar when I have a fileserver process on one
>> server hang (long, sad, self-inflicted wound). Once I'd gotten the
>> server going
>
> well, a hang is potentially different than being gone (shut down)
> entirely depending on how it hung.

Yeah, that's why I didn't write a bug on it. The only additional info
about that behaviour was that different clients would get connection
time-outs on different files on different volumes. It just seemed like
none of the fs flush commands was able to do what accessing a bunch of
previously unreferenced files did.

Ken