[OpenAFS] 1.3.87 for Windows Authentication screen doesn't pop up

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:14:40 -0700

Jeffrey,

1. The auth screen just doesn't pop up although it tries.
2. The AFS Client Configuration screen is accessable only thru Leash AFS
properties
3. Leash does get AFS tokens for a cell that uses krb5
4. Leash does not get AFS tokens for a cell that uses kaserver (I assume
that's because I don't understand how to set the system up - but I don't
care - its going away)
5. Under Linux aklog and klog produce tokens for the krb5 cell and kaserver
cell

I'm not sure how Leash is supposed to interact with AFS client. On previous
releases to 1.3.87 one could access the AFS tokens window from either Leash
or directly (it would stop doing this occasionally and resume after a
reboot). Now its thru Leash only.

I would like a catalog of all the registry values used by AFS as they are
not all deleted with uninstall. Perhaps I'll look at the sources. The
behaviour of the client changes if one manually deletes all the afs and
transarc settings prior to reinstall.

tedc